Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wheres the BEEF?... RIGHT HERE!

Here's some pics of the Mush Buster in differing volumes. For the big guys trying to get a physically small shaper to understand and shape the correct volume for your potential esp for shortboards could be a challenge.

One of the main points I have realized over the years from shaping customs for many big guys is, for the big guys the short board volumes are much more crtical esp when it comes to performance short boards. The incremental scaling formulas used to scale for riders in the 125-150lbs are much different than riders in the 225-250lbs.




7 comments:

  1. Ok, I can totally see how the double apex rail. So cool. Thx W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear Wayne, I'm under 200lbs...ok ok. I'm not...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you are doing Wayne, it seems to work. I am very happy with the fish you shaped me. I am having a blast riding it, it just took a few times to get a hang of. Fifteen years on a LB is a long time!

    Thanks, Chad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chad,
    Thanks for the update! Once you get your shortboard legs back and have a desire to go for an all around shortboard shape let me know. I have some new designs I've been working on, your HP XXL fish shape as the foundation.

    W>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good Wayne, you will be hearing from me around October. I will be in store for a winter board. Maybe sooner depending on school. I like the stuff you have been turning out, good progression!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way Wayne, the above comment was posted by Chad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chad,
    Hope school is going well. Give me a hollar when your ready. I have alot of different designs floating around in my head that will translate from your shape. It will make the transition a "natural" one. Just need to decide which way you want to go with your new short board verve.
    W>

    ReplyDelete