Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mod QWAD Twinzer w/ Nubster for Kawika







4/27/12 Update from Kawika;

Mod QWAD Twinzer Nub Session #1

Hi Wayne,
I got in a quick first session on the Qwad this morning. The first thing that is very apparent is although the board is close to 2.9" thick, the rails are foiled, which makes rail to rail transition much easier and effortless. It rides very loose and skatey and that is exactly what I was looking for. I was able to pick off a few good corners and had a complete blast on it. It paddles well for a 5'10" and gets into waves easy, lean my weight on the front foot and the board just takes off, lean back over the fins and snapping turns are effortless. To be honest, I was a bit worried about going 5'10", but now that I have ridden it, I could have probably gone down to 5'8".
Another amazing board! Maybe a little 5'8" stubby Dyna Glyde is in near future for me. :)
Thank you.
Kawika

14 comments:

  1. Oh, looks SO GOOD. Kawika, stoked!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, your Dyna-Glyde should be done next week. Sorry, The gloss and polish added another week. It will be worth the wait. :)

      Delete
    2. Noooo problem! I am excited. :)

      Delete
  2. Yipeeeeee!!! Thanks to Jim @ Oceanworks for his very quick turnaround time laminating and Wayne's, "No mess around" work ethic, getting this custom ordered blank with with applecore "rasta stringer" only took 2 weeks.

    Kawika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you working late? lol. I am starting to digitize your shape. Should be done late tonight.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Grace! - I can't wait to see yours. Wayne had mentioned you wanted some special color so the final board should look great. Good choice on the Dyna Glyde, I have a whole quiver of them, they are awesome.

    Kawika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Kawika. I think I'm wrecked for custom boards now. This has been so fast and efficient; everyone says they have to wait a couple months for their boards.

      Delete
  4. Hahaha I was just thinking about the turn around times on my shapes. Kawika, you ordered 3 separate customs one after another before Wells had taken delivery of his Hydroflex. If anyone wants to order a Hydroflex be prepared to wait awhile. At the moment it looks like 3-4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO SICK. 4 channel ! Twinzer ! Nub! The whole back half looks perfect. Wait the front half looks perfect too. Classy lam placement as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Kel! Hows your board coming along?

      Delete
    2. its been slow going this week, not a lot of time to work on it, but the weekend starts now! gotta hotcoat and then you should be seeing me :D

      peace wayne!

      Delete
  6. nice, stoked can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Already another board Kelly? Wayne is something like this what you had in mind for me?
    killer board by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete