Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Panacea XXL Twin Keel for Kawika


9/2/14 Update from Kawika
 
Hello Wayne,

I wanted to give you an update on the Panacea XXL.......FUN, FUN, FUN!!!   I have to say size wise, the board is a beast.  Carrying it in hand, with it's massive width and over 3 inches of thickness, there is definitely a lot of heft there, but once I got the board in the water all my concerns quickly diminished.

Many surfboard shapers out there like to use the marketing term "paddles like a longboard, but rides like a shortboard", which I have previously bought into with disappointing results.  I can wholeheartedly say the Panacea XXL delivers on that marketing phrase.  For a 7' board, it easily paddles as well, if not better as some 9'+ longboards I have, yet at it's length, retains enough looseness that it's just a blast to ride. 

It's been years since I have ridden a twin keel and I completely forgot how fun they are to ride.  The board just flat out flies.  It can zip down the line so quick, it clears sections I would normally not make on other boards. 

You really have created something magical here. I feel special to own one of only a few ever shaped, but I have to say.....everyone needs one of these in their quiver.  It makes small days fun and bigger days even better.       

Kawika













3 comments:

  1. Nate- love those stringers. NICE board. Let's go surfing. Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cool surf board. Thanks for having 'em up here.

    sb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a 62 yr old, 235 pounder. Still in good shape but don't get out all that often. I'd put this one on my wall. How large can you go with the shape? I'd be interested in talking with you about it.

    sb

    ReplyDelete