Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New 2011Design "Big-Chip" "Missing Link" for Nick



The "Big Chip" is another new design for the larger or taller rider that needs the extra float but still wants a "chippy" look and performance. This shape is the "missing link" (nick name) for those that are looking for a high performance tri-fin in a correct volume and foil formulation.

Enough volume to jockey in the line-up with out getting bogged down with the incorrect rocker and foil. Full concave bottom with a good bottom stringer and rail rocker delta for going vertical and critical transitions in the rounder sections. Search no more.

6 comments:

  1. Alex, This shape will work well for you. Less volume than your double winged swallow and more progressive for decent surf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Do you think it would be a good winter board? Or is it aimed more at decent summer surf? How long is that one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6'6" x 20.75 good waves for you, if you plan on keeping the swallow it will compliment your quiver. keep the swallow for smaller stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it!!
    nate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well actually I consider my swallow my bigger day kinda board now. Works so well from 6 feet and up! Lots of float and takes of so early. I will need something for the smaller day as well. Kind of an all rounder from 3 to 6 and from bad to good. You mentioned some variation of the Skate. But I'm keeping this one in mind for sure. As I said, we'll talk about it when I come back from France. :)

    ReplyDelete