Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mush Buster / Grovelor II / LeR WN-WT Rocker Profile Comparo

LeR-WN-WT

Grovelor II

Mush Buster 5'6"

XXL Mush Buster 6'11"


Lately I have been asked what the difference between the Grovelor II and the Mush Buster to the LeR WN-WT. The main difference is the rockers and foils between all the models, they may look similar from the outline profile but they are worlds apart from each other due to the thickness flow and foils along with differing amounts of concaves and vee. All version will complement each other in a quiver. Not much overlap.

7 comments:

  1. 3 Rocker shots?! I can't believe it! Thx Wayne!!! :P
    Man the MushBuster has a flat deck rocker. The difference between the 3 boards is really noticeable. That could be a good 3 board quiver tight there. Really cool. Thx man.

    (I really dig the rocker and volume of the Groveler 2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.. What was I thinkin?! I must be crazy! The delta between the rail rocker and stringer rockers are so different showing the rocker shots won't matter much.

    (Hint) I have to use way oversized blanks to get the rail rockers and stringer rockers to clean up exactly where I want it. Your standard close tolerance blanks won't get close. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well yeah, even if you show the rail rocker, we still don't see the stringer rocker. It's crazy how you always do everything differently than the rest of the industry though. Really cool. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I'd drive you crazy with my questions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan,
    That's impossible.. Been crazy long, long, ago. The obssesion started when I walked into Bing Copelands factory when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wayne, would you happen to have a rocker shot of the Galaxy twin in your files? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. David, I may have one I'll check out my archived pics... The rocker is like an 80's twin, beak nose, down railed, bottom is modern slight concave to vee off the tail. Similar to the 5'6" Mush Buster above.

    If you are thinking about one for yourself a narrower tail would work better for the waves in your area. For more groveling stuff the wider tail maintains speed through the flats...

    ReplyDelete